| General Dentistry
What if a tooth is lost and the toothless area is left alone?
1. The alignment of teeth change.
2. Cavities and periodontal disease occur.
3. The gap between teeth widens, thereby compromising the esthetic effect.
4. If left alone for a long time, alveolar bones are absorbed, and wearing a denture becomes difficult.
5. You look older than your age.
6. Less digestion occurs because chewing foods is difficult.
7. You lose your natural smile.
8. Articulating precisely is difficult.
If you are looking to restore the confidence in your look along with your smile, you don’t want to grind adjacent teeth. You want to show and feel that your teeth are real and part of your mouth, you want to be free of discomfort in your denture. You want to free yourself from the embarrassment and discomfort when your denture is dislodged.
Implants are designed for toothless areas, they are like a “second permanent tooth.” This treatment involves implanting artificial dental roots made of a special metal (titanium) to the jawbone for a natural feel as well as esthetic satisfaction. This is a safe treatment, a better alternative to the existing bridge or denture.
The benefits of implants:
- An implant has the same strong chewing force as that of a natural tooth. The strength of chewing with a denture accounts for only 1/20 of natural teeth. In contrast, the implant has the same strength of chewing as a natural tooth. Therefore, with an implant, you can chew hard food well.
- Economical and semi-permanent durability. Implants can be used for as long as 10-30 years depending on the care.
- Feeling as natural as a natural tooth. Implant has excellent esthetic function, since it looks and feels like a natural tooth.
- Protection of adjacent teeth. With a bridge, your healthy adjacent teeth will be affected. An implant is placed only in the gap where the lost tooth was located; however, adjacent teeth are not damaged.
- Relief from the discomfort of wearing denture. You can be relieved from the periodontal pain, discomfort, and bad breath that are related to wearing dentures.
- As comfortable as a natural tooth. Implant is permanent, since it is attached to the alveolar bone like a natural tooth.
- No chance of cavity. There is no chance of the implant developing cavities because it is an artificial tooth.
For more information or a consultation on implants, give us a call at 714-774-2500, and we can set up an appointment for you.
| Cosmetic Dentistry
| Sedation Dentistry
| Children Dentistry